When I remember my country, I will remember also special food from there called bakso,we can fine everywhere in Indonesia, because it is very famous food.for example in sideroad restorant it is available.actually easy to make bakso ,I will tell you the way tomake it.
To Make meatballs
- 250 gram minced beef
- 35 gram tapioca flour
- 75 gram crushed ice cube
- 2 white eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of fried garlic
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots
- salt and pepper to taste
To make the broth
- 250 gram Beef ribs ( young beef bones are the best to make broth, cooked a day before and store)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed and fried
- 1 stalk celery leaf, finely chopped
- 1 stalk onion spring, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 750 ml water
- Fried Tofu Meatball (Bakwan Tahu Goreng) - Fried meatball (Gorengan Bakso)
- 150 g dried egg noodles, cook and set aside
- Green salad or Bak Choy ( Chinese cabbage or Indonesian : Sawi)
- Fried shallots
- Sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
- Chilli sauce (sambal)
1. Mix all ingredients for meatball and grind them in food processor until it's sticky. Then put in fridge for 45 minutes to one hour.
2. Boil some water for cooking the meatball. Scoop with 2 tablespoons and make round ball and drop the meatballs into boiling water. When it's floating, it means it's done. Set aside.
3. Make the broth : boil the beef ribs into 750 ml water, add the salt, pepper and the rest of ingredients. Cook until it's boiling. Then add the meatballs inside.
4. Serve the meatball with cooked egg noodle, green salad, bakwan tahu, gorengan bakso and garnish fried shallots. Add sweet soy sauce and sambal if you like. Then pour with the broth. Eat when it's hot or warm.